Friday, August 5, 2011

DAY 217 -- Water

I remember watching a Star Trek episode where an alien referred to humans as "ugly bags of mostly water." I beg to differ Mr. Alien ...  humans are beautiful bags of mostly water!

As a "bag" of water, I need the clear refreshing liquid inside and out.  Water is vital for a healthy diet, so I strive to drink plenty, but I also need water for my mental health.

You might recall an earlier post titled "The Think Tank."  (click here)  Soaking in a tub of water helps me think, sort things out, get ideas.

When traveling, nothing seems to refresh my road weary self as much as checking into a hotel with a swim pool, hot tub, a shower with stinging water pressure...and a tub with a slanted back.  Any, or all, of those water sources revive me.

Large bodies of water are almost a requirement when I vacation.  A beach.  A lake.  A river.


Yep, water is the elixir of life.  I want it near me as well as in me.

So call me a bag of mostly water, Mr. Alien, but don't call me ugly.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I watched Star Trek but I missed that reference to us being water bags. Funny but kinda true, huh! Except for the ugly part.

    "Drinking more water" has always been on my New Year's resolution list. I never drink enough of it but I've started getting back on track. I like mine ice cold but don't care much about ice cubes. So I have a water container that I leave in the freezer for a couple of hours until ice crystals form and I drink it right out of the freezer and then place it back. I use my kitchen timer to remind me that it's in there and time to drink more.

    I do love taking baths too but I don't do it very often as I'm a bit of a conservationist. I do treat myself to a bath maybe once a month and absolutely when I'm traveling ~ it makes the bones feel so much better after a long car ride.

    Raising my glass of water in a toast to you! Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan... The line is from the Star Trek Next Generation "Home Soil" episode, with an alien organism referred to as "Microbrain." -- Good idea for setting a timer for your water! Way to go, figuring out what you need to do in order to get the water you need. -- And you are so good to be conservative. I try to conserve energy, etc., but I am guilty of using too much water, especially when trying to get the creativity revved up.

    ReplyDelete