Monday, August 15, 2011

DAY 227 -- Pulled muscle, followed by Zumba.

Last week I pulled a muscle while doing the stairs for exercise.  Seems so stupid.  I do stairs every day.  I live in a third floor condo with no elevator.  I carry groceries up the flights of stairs to our unit.  Inside, our unit  has yet another level, with the master bedroom upstairs. Stairs, stairs, everywhere, and I walk them every day.  But last week I decided to do stair walking/running for exercise.  I alternated between going up one step at a time (normal), then going up two at a time (which I do on occasion), and then running up (which I also do often.) None of those actions are unusual for me.  Yet... I still pulled a muscle.  Go figure.

In spite of the injury, I went to a Zumba class tonight for the first time.  My daughter goes regularly and told me how much she enjoys it.  She invited me to join her, and since I've been curious about Zumba, I agreed to go.

I had so much fun!  I loved it!  Hopefully my daughter does not regret taking me.  With all the shimmying, gyrating, thrusting, it seemed like moves no daughter should witness her mother doing.  She might need therapy now.  

I'm excited about the new-to-me exercise and hope I can find a class closer to home. Tomorrow I will probably pay the price for overdoing it with my pulled muscle, but for tonight I feel exhilarated...and doped up on Ibuprofen.


No comments:

Post a Comment