Friday, August 19, 2011

DAY 231 -- Runny nose mystery.

My nose seems to run during almost every meal.  This has been a problem for years.  I have to keep tissue with me, or nearby.  It doesn't matter what I'm eating, whether hot or cold, bland or spicy. I used to think maybe the act of chewing loosened my sinuses, but last summer when I stayed in Italy for 5 weeks, my nose stopped running.  It was wonderful!

I thought when I began My Healthy Eating Challenge, (eating mostly fresh and natural foods similar to the way I ate in Italy), that my nose would stop dripping, but that hasn't been the case.  It's a mystery to me.

2 comments:

  1. One of the attorneys I worked for was allergic to avocado. I had never heard of it before but when she ate them, she'd sneeze for hours. I'll bet there is some kind of chemical you are allergic to. Who knows what they are putting in our food these days? If you ever figure it out, I hope you'll let us know that answer to your mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan...yep, it probably is a sensitivity to something in the food. I keep trying to figure out what I eat here that I didn't eat in Italy and visa versa, but haven't come up with an answer yet... I might have to do a radical type of food elimination to figure it out. (Or go live in Italy?!?!)

    ReplyDelete