Monday, July 11, 2011

DAY 192 -- Eating away at procrastination.

Ask a dog, "How does it feel to slide across sandpaper?" and he will respond, "Ruff."

That was my day today.  Ruff.  Thankfully not rough in all aspects, but it certainly was when it came to eating.  I found myself procrastinating on something I wanted to do.  Am I alone in this?  Do others procrastinate enjoyable tasks or things they want to do?

Anyway, one tool in my procrastination drawer is snacking.  Hmm... maybe I should have a snack before I begin that project.


Then in the middle of the project I get hungry but don't want to take time to fix a meal, so I start snacking while I work.  This leads to the "piece meal" syndrome I wrote about earlier. (Click here .)


Snack.  Procrastinate. Snack again.  Procrastinate.  Snack some more.  Start the project. Piece meal.  Piece meal.  Snack.  Snack.

Ruff day.

4 comments:

  1. When you get up in the morning, shout NEW DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan... I smiled when I read your comment because I actually thought of you when I wrote that post last night, and thought how I needed to tell myself NEW DAY! Ever since reading your post about New Day, I use that mantra whenever I need to pick myself up and start again. Thank you! (P.S. So far so good today.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do that too. I suspect it's universal. Any hints for curing it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn...I WISH I had a cure for procrastination. If you find one, please share it with me!

    ReplyDelete