Tuesday, March 8, 2011

DAY 67 -- Beware of eating "piece meal."

At times I end up eating "piece meal" and end up eating more than I should.  Eating piece meal can also be considered "grazing."  I fell into this problem during lunch today.  I was very excited about something and anxious to write to someone about the news, but it was also lunch time and I was hungry.  So I quickly grabbed something I could eat at the desk while I typed.  Of course (and this is always the pattern with me when I do this) I did not feel full or satisfied from the "quick bite" so I searched for something else to eat, then later something else again.  I did not want to take the time to prepare a meal and sit down.  Yet... I know from experience that I am far more satisfied when I sit at the table and have my meal in one sitting.  I eat less and feel more satisfied.

Thankfully I don't fall into eating piece meal too frequently, but I wish I was disciplined enough to stop it altogether!

No comments:

Post a Comment