Sunday, March 27, 2011

DAY 86 -- Weighing the "cost."

Friday, when I was with my niece, she told me about a friend of hers who said, "I can't afford to eat healthy."  To which my niece replied, "You can't afford NOT to eat healthy!"

Eating healthy prevents many illnesses and diseases.  Health is too important to ignore.

When my husband and I started buying organic foods and avoiding processed foods, we expected our grocery bill to increase, but it has not.  It balances out.  Sure, we spend more on some grocery items now, but we are not buying processed snacks and junk, plus we are not eating out as much.  I've also been pleasantly surprised that we usually find organic produce on sale for LESS than what the regular produce sells for.

So, over the past few months we have not noticed a change in our budget, but we've certainly noticed a change in our health!  Worth every cent.

No comments:

Post a Comment