Monday, March 21, 2011

DAY 80 -- Salad, and olive oil.

Mmmm... tossed salad topped with cherry balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and blue cheese crumbles.  So tasty!

There was a time when I did not care for olive oil and could not understand people who said they loved it.  Then I stayed in Italy for five weeks and learned that good olive oil tastes wonderful.   (The stuff I purchased in the past, even though expensive, was not good!)  Now I go to a place that specializes in imported olive oils, where they let people sample them before purchasing.  I have found several I really like!  The price is reasonable, especially considering we actually USE the oil instead of paying a chunk of money for stuff that I could not bring myself to use because I didn't like the taste of anything I put it in!  My previous pricey purchases of supposedly good olive oil usually ended up in the garbage.

Now our bottles of olive oil sit out on the counter because they get used multiple times a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment