Monday, March 14, 2011

DAY 73 -- Mashed Potatoes

I'm feeling guilty today...why?...because I never prepared homemade mashed potatoes for my kids when they were growing up!  hahaha  I have no idea why.  I guess I always thought they took too long or were too much bother.  We had dehydrated potatoes called Potato Pearls.  They were like the Cadillac of instant potatoes, but certainly not like mashed potatoes from real potatoes.

Now, since we are eating mostly natural foods, I use organic fresh potatoes to make mashed potatoes.  Oh my...what a difference!  So very tasty!


Soooo...I sent an email to each of my kids today, apologizing for never serving mashed potatoes from real potatoes when they grew up.  They were deprived!  LOL

My daughter told me later that she was confused when she read that I wanted to apologize.  She thought, "What?  What did mom do?"  Then when she read about the potatoes, she cracked up.  My son jokingly said he already sought counseling for his "real" mashed potato deprivation and has moved on.   :D

No comments:

Post a Comment