Wednesday, March 2, 2011

DAY 61 -- Squash recipe.

Tonight I tried a new recipe for butternut squash.  When I grew up, squash was served in one way... baked with butter and brown sugar.  I'm not sure why anyone ever decided to add sugar to squash since it is sweet all by itself.  I like it with just butter and salt and pepper, but I wanted to try something new.

First of all, it took me a little bit of time to find a recipe that didn't include sugar or syrup!  Then I found one that looked wonderful, and when I made it tonight, it was a hit.  My husband and I enjoyed every bite.  It was like that scene on "What About Bob" where every bite brought out moaning...mmmm mmmm mmmm.

My squash was smaller than what the recipe called for, which worked great since it's just the two of us...I reduced the recipe size in proportion.  The amount of pecans and butter seems a bit much when I first looked at the recipe, but then I saw that it served 8.  I forgot to salt and pepper it like the recipe said, but I never missed it.

This recipe is definitely a keeper in my book!  (I  put the link to the recipe on my Recipe page. )

No comments:

Post a Comment