Thursday, June 28, 2012

Tired vs. hungry

Yesterday I almost fell for the trap of mistaking tiredness for hunger.  I kept dragging around the house and thinking I needed more fuel, which I was determined I would not give in to.  Thankfully, I remembered what I learned last year (see post: "More than halfway." )... when fatigued, I probably need more rest, not more fuel. Considering that I spent a very long day at the election polls on Tuesday, it made sense that I needed more rest on Wednesday. So I took a long nap and woke up feeling so much better.

I made it through another day of making healthy food choices, and listening to my hunger/fulness signals.  One day at a time.  I can do this.

1 comment:

  1. For so many of my students it's caffeine and sugar, because they have such a full life it is difficult to get enough sleep.

    ReplyDelete