Sunday, July 3, 2011

DAY 184 -- More than halfway.

Wow.  It's already three days into July.  This year is half over!  I've been doing some reflection on the first six months of My Healthy Eating Challenge.  There were times of struggle, but over all, I am happy with my progress.  I did quite well with making healthy choices, but I did have difficulty staying within the parameters of eating only when I was physically hungry.  In other words, I had a tendency to eat when I was upset, sad, or stressed.  But another major player that fought against me was fatigue.


I noticed a couple weeks ago that when I became fatigued, my body seemed to tell me I needed more fuel.  So I ate more than I should (more often, and larger quantities) trying to gain some energy.  It didn't work.  After several days, I finally reached a point where I allowed myself to sleep more than normal, rather than eat more than normal, so now I am back on track and doing well with My Healthy Eating Challenge.  I know it sounds crazy, but I need to remember when I am fatigued, I need more rest, not more fuel.  Who knew?  




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder! Sometimes it's simply dehydration, too. A drink of cool filtered water is the best pick-me-up next to a nap. I keep bottled water in the car.

    I also get hungrier when I have a bad headache, for some reason. Maybe I should pay more attention to that and see if a rest and water would help more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you decided to share this blog with me. I am learning a lot from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn...interesting that you get hungrier when you get a headache. It would be interesting to know if your body is hungry for something specific, for instance, when I get a headache it is often because I have not had enough protein, so if I eat a boiled egg the headache usually goes away.

    And I learn a lot from you too! I enjoy your blog very much... I'm glad you are posting on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete