Thursday, November 10, 2011

DAY 314 -- Make ahead day.

Perhaps the brisk weather played a part, but this morning I was in the mood to cook up some grains to freeze in individual servings.  I got out the rice cooker and prepared a large batch of organic "Harvest Medley" (rice medley).  After it was done, I prepared brown rice in the cooker, then prepared barley by baking it in the oven.


It felt good to get the freezer re-stocked with rice and barley ready to eat.  Hopefully the make-ahead-bug will catch me again soon.  I still need to restock on healthy muffins.

2 comments:

  1. That's a good idea! Some things, like Millet, cook up in the rice cooker in 20 minutes, so I just set it to go and then go get my shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've eaten millet. I'll give that a try! And do you know of other grains that will cook nicely in a rice cooker?

    ReplyDelete