Friday, November 4, 2011

DAY 308 -- Bread to die for.

I've been turned on to "Dave's Killer Bread" which we buy at Costco.  It's made with organic ingredients.  My favorite (that I've tried so far) is the 21 Whole Grains.  Dave says, "OK, I could've called it 16 Grains and 5 Seeds Bread, but nobody really liked that name, so I called it 21 Whole Grains instead."


Dave Dahl, creator of the wholesome bread, is a transformed ex-con, with an interesting story which I read out of curiosity wondering... "Hmm... ex-con..."killer bread"... what did he serve time for?"  (Whew... it was not for murder.)


When I went on his website, I discovered there is a wide variety of his bread available.  I've only tried two.  I need to find out where I can get some of the others, like his "Rockin' Rye."


Killer Bread.  It's to die for.  Tasty and healthy bread with whole grains and organic ingredients, I like his motto:  "Just say no to bread on drugs!"



1 comment:

  1. Nice. While you are exploring breads, I am exploring life without bread--or at least wheat, oats, and barley breads. I'm trying to figure out how to clean all the wheat residue from my grinder so I can grind rice and other grains.

    ReplyDelete