Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Poll Food

Worked at the local election poll from 6AM to 8:30PM.  I had to take enough food for my meals and snacks throughout the day.  I worried (a little) that other workers would bring bags of chips to share, and that I would cave in and nosh for hours. Thankfully, that was not the case.  I wasn't enticed by the few snacks offered.

I even passed up on the small sandwiches that someone brought in for us.  They were made with little white flour rolls, and filled with processed lunch meat.  They looked delicious, and I briefly considered eating one, since they're small.  But then I nipped that thought in the bud.

I'm glad no one brought chips, though, because I'm not so sure I could have held strong faced with that temptation.

✓ Eating healthy got my vote today.

No comments:

Post a Comment