Tuesday, December 6, 2011

DAY 340 -- Salad dressings.

I eat a salad almost every day, but sometimes when I feel chilled and can't seem to get warm, the thought of eating a cold salad does not appeal to me.  However, I noticed that when I do eat a salad, my body wants a creamy dressing, like homemade blue cheese, rather than my usual oil and vinegar.  At first this puzzled me... if I'm cold, wouldn't it make more sense to want the vinegar and oil which is kept at room temperature, rather than blue cheese served cold from the fridge?  Then I realized that with colder weather my body probably needs more fat in the diet.  Since I strive to listen to my body's needs, I oblige. 

2 comments:

  1. You could just add a little extra olive oil to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on a Gargonzola cheese kick. And adding beans has helping make salad more hearty. My friends at work always make nice comments about my salads. When I read this post, all I could think about was hot bacon grease! I've seen it done to wilt spinach for some kind of salad. Seems so wrong on so many levels, doesn't it? LOL!

    ReplyDelete