Sunday, October 2, 2011

DAY 275 -- Escaping the Lobster trap!

Last night we went to dinner at Red Lobster with a group of friends.  Before leaving our place, I slipped into a room and prayed for help.  I knew the only way I could make it through the meal without overeating was if I had Divine assistance.


First of all, I worried about the cheesy biscuits.  I absolutely love, love, love their cheesy biscuits, and I've never been able to go to Red Lobster without having a full meal of those melt-in-your mouth delights even before devouring an entree and any accompanying sides dishes. 


When we pulled up to the restaurant, my heart sank.  It was Endless Shrimp time.  I felt like all odds were stacking against me... willing me to succumb and break my stickK contract. Silent prayers raced through my mind.  Heaven help me.


And Heaven did.  I ate one -- count it, one - biscuit.  Ooooo how I wanted more more more. But I held tight.  I ate my salad, and part of my Talapia (yes, I even avoided the Endless Shrimp!), then brought my leftovers home.  


Thank Heaven.  I did...and still do.





3 comments:

  1. I thought shrimp was low-fat, as long as it isn't deep-fried. Am I wrong? I don't eat it anyway; just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't worry about fat or calories. I am struggling with overeating. With "Endless Shrimp" (all-you-can-eat) it would be difficult for me to stop. I didn't want to break my contract and lose money to my anti-charity.

    ReplyDelete