Monday, June 6, 2011

DAY 157 -- Travel

As I write this, I am traveling in the van with our grandchildren, reflecting on how times have changed.  I remember when I was a child we didn’t have to wear seatbelts and traveled crammed together in the back of a station wagon.  We played travel games and whined most of the trip.  Now, each child has a special car seat, and a little DVD player in front of them to watch Disney movies.  It’s been a pleasant journey!

Stopping for lunch (when I was a young) meant pulling over to a roadside picnic table and making sandwiches.  Today, we stopped for sandwiches…at Subway!  The little ones got yogurt.  I’m pleased that some fast food places offer healthy choices such as yogurt, apple slices, and raisins, for a side dish rather than just chips or fries.

So many conveniences nowadays, but I miss my mom’s sandwiches, wrapped up in wax paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment