Monday, February 28, 2011

DAY 59 -- Leftovers are sometime even tastier!

Saturday night when our daughter visited, she was anxious to eat with us and see how tasty the food could be.  She helped me select a recipe from the menu items I had planned for the week.  She chose a recipe titled "Oregano Olive Chicken" that I had torn out of a Reader's Digest.  The recipe called for white wine, but we used the optional version of chicken broth.  (We don't drink alcoholic beverages.)  The recipe included green olives, capers, fresh oregano, fresh mint, and fresh thyme as well as garlic and cider vinegar.

She chose the recipe because her husband does not like green olives or vinegar, so she knew she could not make it at home.  This was her chance to try it.

I served it with brown rice but I think it would have gone better with some whole grain pasta on the side.  It was still delicious though.

I cut the recipe in half, and we had one serving left over, which I ate for lunch today.  Mmm mmm mmm.  I think it tasted even better today because the chicken had marinated in the juice and herbs.

Have I mentioned I love eating healthy?

Here's a picture from the recipe.  Also, I used boneless, skinless, chicken breasts rather than the whole chicken the recipe called for.

No comments:

Post a Comment