Saturday, February 26, 2011

DAY 57 -- Energy for the grandkids.

I'm awaiting the arrival of our two grandchildren for a visit.  When I first went off sugar, I wondered how I would be the kind of grandma to make sugar cookies with future grandkids.  Now I have two little grandkiddies and I don't worry about making cookies.  I figure we can use the cookie cutters for homemade "playdough" or clay.  I remember how my own grandmother used to make clay-dough and I loved to sneak pinches of the salty substance.  So, I can still build memories with the little ones.

Eating healthy allows us more energy to play with the grandkids, so even though they might not have a grandma that makes cookies for them, they have a grandma and grandpa that play with them.  Our daughter loves it when we watch the kids because we play with them so much they are worn out and sleep hard the rest of the night!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment