Sunday, February 20, 2011

DAY 51 -- Making Too Much Food!

One would think that I should have learned to cut recipes in half when we became empty-nesters (several years ago), but I am just now learning this.  Why?  Because even though it was just the two of us, we were eating too much, so if a recipe said that it served 6, I would make it for an evening meal and have leftovers for lunch the next day, and then have a couple servings to freeze.  For that reason, I never reduced the amount I was used to cooking.  Now, however, because we are eating only when hungry and stopping when full, we have discovered we eat far less.  So a recipe that states that it makes 4 servings, really ends up being 8.  Our freezer is filling up with leftovers.

I need to remember to cut the recipes in half!

No comments:

Post a Comment