Friday, February 11, 2011

DAY 42 -- The Fat Standard

I recall when I first went off sugar (October 2001) and began to lose weight.  After a significant time and weight loss (eventually losing 80 pounds) I remember some of my friends making comments like, "I better be careful or you will end up skinnier than me!"  This comment, or similar comments, came about numerous times.  It was as though I was The Fat Standard and as long as I was fatter than all my friends, it was fine, but if I got smaller than any of them, then something was amiss!  They could no longer view themselves as skinny if The Fat Standard was smaller than them!  That must mean they were fat!

It really bothered me when they made such comments.  I'm not sure why it's been on my mind today;  perhaps because I am on the right track again and losing the weight I gained over the last couple years.  When I returned to school and began to eat on the run and not take the time to read labels, some of the weight crept back on.  It feels sooooo good to eat healthy again and see the pounds start to slip away.

No comments:

Post a Comment