Sunday, January 9, 2011

DAY 9 -- Recognizing hunger and fullness.

I nearly forgot to post today!

This morning I was tempted to weigh myself.  I feel like I have lost weight, and my clothes seem to fit a tiny bit better, but I resisted the urge to get on the scale.  Why?  Because my focus is health, and weight loss will be a hopeful benefit--not the goal.  I worried that if the scale did not reflect a loss of pounds, then I might get discouraged.  I decided to not weigh myself until my wardrobe fits noticeably different.  At least by then, I will have measurable change even if my weight remains the same.

I felt happy with myself during supper tonight when I reached a point where I was politely full and stopped eating.  I wanted to finish my plate of food, but restrained myself, and rejoiced the I could recognize hunger before eating as well recognize when my body was no longer hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment