Thursday, January 27, 2011

DAY 26 - Dinner at Restaurant

Yesterday was so busy I forgot to post a blog entry.

Last night we went to dinner with a group of people.  They selected a buffet type restaurant, so I was a little worried about over-eating, but it turned out okay.  I filled half my plate with salad and used vinegar and oil dressing.  Then I cruised around the buffet to mentally check what the restaurant had to offer, then made my choices and took small portions.  I wanted foods that I could feel fairly confident did not have a bunch of added preservatives and/or added sugars.  Other than a half plate of salad, I had a small portion of steak, and a small serving of potatoes.  I was satisfied after eating that plateful, and did not go back for seconds.

It felt good to leave a buffet restaurant and not feel stuffed.  I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment