Friday, January 21, 2011

DAY 20 -- Time to cook.

I realized when my head hit the pillow last night that I had neglected to post a blog, but I was too tired and discouraged (rough day) to get up and do it.  So today I will have two entries.

Yesterday I reflected on a time when I worked at a credit union.  Some of the tellers would come to work with horror stories about how long it took them to go through the McDonald's drive-thru to get their egg McMuffin that morning.  I asked them why they didn't just eat at home, and they told me they don't have time to cook.  I don't understand that.  Forget the fact that the fast food is not healthy, let's just look at the time issue here.  I think a person can cook their own version of an egg with muffin in far less time than it takes to get in the car and drive there and wait in line to get it.  And I would venture to guess that the fat and calories in a home cooked egg with muffin would register less than the fat and calories of the one purchased at a fast food joint.

In only takes a few minutes to toast a whole grain muffin and fry an egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment