Monday, January 17, 2011

DAY 17 -- "I'd lose weight too if..."

Today as I ate my salad, brown rice, cut up steak (from a local farm that raises grass fed cattle), and kiwi, I thought about how it has taken more time to prepare meals, but how the meals have been so delicious.  When we first started this venture, my husband worried that he would get bored with eating healthy, but that has not been the case.  In fact, it is the opposite.

As I ate my delicious food, I reflected on the times I have been guilty of saying (referring to celebrities), "I could lose weight too if I had a personal trainer making me exercise and a personal chef making all my meals."  Today as I reflected on that, I realized, "Isn't that the same thing as saying, I could lose weight too if I weren't so lazy!?"  It's like saying one won't lose weight unless someone forces you to exercise and prepares healthy foods for you.  I've been like that.  I know others who have made that comment too.

So sure, eating this way takes more time and effort in some cases (not all meals take a long time to prepare) but the result is extremely worth it.  I don't need a personal trainer and I don't need a personal chef.  I can get fit and healthy because it is important to me and because I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment