Monday, March 5, 2012

"Extra" food.

I'm not talking extra helpings, I'm talking about the food served while working as an "Extra" last week, for an ABC family movie titled "The Mistle-Tones." (With Tia Mowry, and Tori Spelling.)

Our meals were catered and we were given large portions of cooked vegetables, as well as salad.  We also had some pasta one day, and rice another day, with a small amount of meat each time.

As I reflected on this, I realized it's an economical way to feed a crowd: lots of veggies to fill up on, a portion of grain/starch, and a small amount of meat.  (Basically the way I eat at home!)  They didn't serve us "cheap" burgers from a fast food dollar menu.  Seems to debunk the theory of those who claim it's cheaper to feed their family junk.

1 comment:

  1. During a safety meeting about a week ago at work, the guy was presenting information about eye health. His talk lead to him making the statement that the real issue we should be talking about in safety meetings was obesity. He said 85% of our work force in the area where I am working is overweight with 50% of those being considered obese. He said, with a very straight face, that it is ridiculous that managers are rewarding their employees with such things as all-you-can eat ice cream, donuts, etc.

    I thought it was interesting that he felt so strongly about it as to actually talk about it out in the open. I looked around the room and 100% of the audience qualified (myself included) in the overweight category and there were several obese in the crowd.

    I sincerely thought our First Lady was going to put obesity out at the forefront of her causes but I haven't seen her do much with it.

    I try to take healthy treats to work when I can. I love taking a big bunch of bananas in the morning. I wanna be on a crusade for better eating in my own life ... and hoping it catches on with others.

    ReplyDelete