Friday, February 3, 2012

A perfectly "crumby" substitute!!

I prepared some oven baked chicken, and the recipe called for "dry bread crumbs."  I pulled out a container of bread crumbs I've had on the shelf for ages.  The crumbs inside seemed stale (no surprise since the date on the can was 2006).

What to do.  What to do.

I thought maybe I would make crumbs from a slice of bread and put them on a baking sheet and let the oven dry them for a bit, and hoped it wouldn't take very long.  Then, as I was reaching for the bread, I had an idea!

I put some Triscuit crackers in the blender and turned them into crumbs.  It worked great since the crackers were already "dry" and crunchy.  Saved the extra time that making dried crumbs from fresh bread would have required.  Plus...the chicken turned out very tasty!  I think I preferred the flavor over ordinary crumbs.

What a fabulous "crumby" idea!

1 comment:

  1. My husband used graham crackers once. Triscuits sound like a much better choice!

    ReplyDelete