Thursday, May 12, 2011

DAY 131 -- Herb Plants

I bought two small herb plants today (oregano, and sage).  It cost less than buying the twigs in the produce section, so I figured I would give it a try.  If it goes well, I will buy some more herb plants later.


When I made the lemon pork with cumin recently, it called for fresh sage and I thought I had some on hand, but I didn't.  So, I started thinking...maybe if I grow my own little plant, then I will have it when I need it.  


Sounds reasonable in theory, but I don't have a green thumb.  Most plants consider themselves sentenced to death row if they come to my house.  I have improved over the last few years though...a couple plants have actually survived my care.


So it is with great hope that I will tend to my fresh little herb plants.  Wish them luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment