Monday, April 11, 2011

DAY 99 -- Day of funeral.

Finally... a chance to post on my blog!  What a busy weekend.

Anyhooo... Saturday was the day of the funeral.  I was pleased at the choices offered at the family luncheon.  I had a large salad, a piece of ham, and a small amount of "funeral potatoes."  I passed on the homemade rolls since they were made with white flour (that sure looked yummy though!) and of course did not have any dessert.

Went to dinner at a Thai restaurant that night.  I stopped eating when I felt full, so I did not overstuff myself.  YAY!  Not sure how the food would fit in a "health-o-meter" but since my goal is to make the best choice I can with whatever food is available... well, I had lots of veggies and a little bit of meat and a few noodles.

And felt hungry again an hour later.  :)

(Regarding the funeral... it felt more like a joyous family reunion, rather than a sad event.  It's probably due to the deceased being in her mid-nineties and her death somewhat expected.  It was wonderful to see cousins I haven't seen since I was a little kid!  Somehow we are all much older though...not sure how that happened!)

No comments:

Post a Comment