Monday, November 7, 2011

DAY 311 -- Ignore the clock.

This morning as I exercised I glanced often at a digital clock across the room from me.  I was doing an aerobic dance routine that takes about 45 minutes, and each time I glanced at the clock I found myself thinking of how much longer, "I've only been at this 10 minutes, 35 more to go."  I realized it was making me feel tired!  So, I danced over to the clock and covered it up.  I felt instantly better and had a really good workout when I ignored the clock and simply enjoyed the movements.


Sometimes we need to ignore the time.  It's so easy to get caught up in typical "times" such as "It's time to eat lunch," rather than letting our bodies tell us when it's time to eat.  And if we wake up before our alarm goes off, it's easy to think, "It's not time to get up!" and then roll over to sleep some more, rather than listen when our body urging us to rise and shine.


Today is my 55th birthday and I am ignoring that clock too.  I don't feel 55, and I don't want to act 55.  (Not sure how a 55-year old is supposed to act anyway.)


I'm hoping that with healthy eating, and exercising, I can continue ignoring the age clock for a long, long time.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you young thing! By 35 I felt 70, but now at 50 I think I feel 70 still...I wonder what I will feel like at 70. Does this mean I am just getting younger all the time? I'm sure you are with you healthy eating and all.

    Enjoy this year!

    ReplyDelete