Sunday, June 26, 2011

DAY 177 -- Nursing Home Food.

On Sundays, my husband and I volunteer at a local nursing home and physical rehab center.  (There is a group of us that hold church meetings at the care center.)  Sometimes when we arrive early to set up, the staff is still clearing breakfast foods from the dining room where we hold our meetings.  I see pancakes with sugary syrup, or French toast made with white bread served with...sugary syrup, or white bread toast. I also notice the foods on their trays at other times during the week when I stop by to visit.  White bread, white rolls, cookies, gelatin, pudding, cakes, pie.

I told one of my nieces that if I end up in a nursing home, it will be the food that kills me faster than anything else.  My body would not be used to sugar, white flour, and processed foods!  She assured me that she will never allow me to go into a nursing home.  I hope she means it!

1 comment:

  1. I used to do the meetings at a care center. We never saw the food, though. I don't want to end up there.

    Even at girls' camp, I was shocked at the amount of sugar that went around day in and day out, every meal. ugh.

    ReplyDelete