Friday, May 6, 2011

DAY 126 -- A day of pomp and ceremony.

What a fantastic day... I "walked the stage!"  I returned to school (as a "non-traditional" student) in the fall of 2007, and graduated in December of 2010 with a BA.  Attending the commencement, and convocation today, made my graduation feel official.

The weather was perfect, especially since we had to stand out in a parking lot this morning as we waited to enter for the commencement ceremony.

After the commencement, I went to lunch with my husband, niece, and sister-in-law.  We ate at a little deli, and then snooped around the adjoining market where they sell high quality olive oils, vinegars, and cheese.    My niece and sister-in-law had never been there before and loved it.  They bought some healthy olive oil to use.

Then we returned to the campus for my convocation, where I walked the stage.  Our daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren joined us there.

What a day of celebration.  I graduated with high honors, and at my age it feels good to reach such a goal.  I remember at the end of my first semester, I was surprised to see I earned a 4.0.  I thought it would be fun to see how many semesters in a row I could carry that GPA.  So each semester I worked hard, and did extra credit work whenever allowed.  I carried that GPA through to the end, and graduated Summa Cum Laude.

So today, I've had fun, I've celebrated my accomplishments, and basked in the ceremonies.  Tomorrow... it's back to regular life again.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment