Friday, February 25, 2011

DAY 56 -- Forgetting to eat.

I like the feeling.  The feeling that food is not ruling my thoughts and my life.  There are days that I forget to eat until my stomach reminds me that it's way past mealtime or that I missed a meal.  For years food was the focus of my attention.  There were days when the only thing that motivated me to get out of bed was the thought of something yummy I could eat.  "Mmmmm Lucky Charms!"  That was a favorite.


I used to have a sweatshirt with the words, "Start your morning with a donut and a smile.  The smile is optional."


For the past 9 1/2 years I have not needed the thought of sweets to motivate me.  Now, with eating healthy foods and only eating when hungry, I like the feeling of forgetting about food.  I read a quote that said, "I've come too far to take orders from a cookie."  Well, I've come too far to take orders from food.

No comments:

Post a Comment